Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Schizophrenic

I have another blog, in Spanish, that is more personal and emotional. Today I wrote the following on that blog (I will translate at the end):

La lámpara de arriba, una 'kroonluchter' en holandés, viene del cuarto del director de Fondad cuando tenía todavía su oficina en La Haya, en la misma calle donde se encuentra el palacio de la reina Beatrix, el Noordeinde. En esa misma calle había una galería de arte que me gustaba visitar para olvidar un momento ese mundo horrible de las finanzas y de políticas económicas que están a favor de los que tienen mucha plata (dinero) en vez de los que tienen poca o nada.

A partir de más o menos (no hay una fecha precisa) 1972 he vivido en dos mundos, uno de la solidaridad humana y el otro de la plata y del poder. Me muevo entre esos dos mundos y es un milagro (me gusta más la palabra italiana miracolo) que no he devenido (es 'devenir' en francés y también lo es en castellano?) esquizofrénico.

In English:

The lamp above, a 'kroonluchter' in Dutch, comes from the office of the director of Fondad when he still had his office in The Hague, in the same street where the palace of Queen Beatrix is (was), the Noordeinde. In that same street there was (is) an art gallery that I liked visiting to forget for a moment the horrible world of finance and economic policies that favours those who have a lot of money, rather than those with little or no money.

From roughly (there is no precise date) 1972 onwards I have lived in two worlds, one of human solidarity and the other of money and power. I move between these two worlds and it is a miracle (I prefer the Italian word miracolo) that I have not become schizophrenic.

No comments: